One of the most recognised origins of this bivalve is the Galician Rías. The confluence of fresh and salt water bestows the seafood a level and quality of nutrients that make it special, both in terms of flavour and nutritional enrichment.
Here at Conservas Baymar we have a wide range of different sizes and types of cockles, all of which with an unbeatable price/quality ratio.
You’ll be happy to know they have a large number of benefits to your health, for example:
- They have a high percentage of iodine. In particular, according to the Spanish Foundation for Nutrition, a single portion of cockles covers more than 60% of the recommended daily iodine intake.
- They barely have any fat or carbohydrates.
- They are rich in protein of a high biological value, as well as in omega-3 fatty acids.
- They contain a high degree of iron, which helps prevent anaemia problems.
- Besides, they contribute a great amount of calcium and phosphorus, which are fundamental for keeping healthy bones and teeth.
- The amounts of phosphorus, potassium and selenium help regulate blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular problems.
- Moreover, the cockles provide B12 vitamin, which can help improve mental agility and combat memory loss.
We invite you to try our cockles, you won’t be disappointed!